Squire Mining Limited is a Vancouver based, publicly traded company (listed on the CSE, OTCQB and FWB) that is building the next generation of hardware and services to support the development of global enterprise cryptocurrency networks.
Squire is engaging with global partnerships in developing, manufacturing and selling data mining infrastructure and system technology, including application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) chips and next-generation mining rigs to mine bitcoin and its related currencies.
To keep our global team on track and aligned on our product development and production schedules we’re looking for an experienced Product/Project Manager who will be responsible for managing the product from end to end – from market research, contract negotiation to go-to-market production schedules.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with traveling on a regular basis and can speak Korean.
Role and Responsibilities
· This role is 90% Project Management and 10% Product Management.
· This role will regularly interact with a global R&D team to fully understand the product specifications and development cycles. As well as the manufacturing and distribution teams in Taiwan and South Korea to monitor the production and distribution timelines.
· Own the cross-sector product development master plan and realization vs plan.
· Manage product development lifecycles and continuously produce reports for management and board of directors’ consumption.
· Design, implement and manage continuous innovation cycles for product development.
· Deeply understand the technology/product performance and be able to translate such knowledge into user friendly product specifications and reports.
· Have the big picture perspective, balance between scope, timing, and resource. Foresee gaps/ risks, prioritize them, and articulate them. Bring cross-functional teams on board as needed to address them. Escalate when needed.
· Hold periodic feature review meetings to build feature roadmap
· Maintains an internal production documentation library which would include master plan, product key decision book, production specifications, risk register, etc.
· Hold (regular) meetings as needed to drive the team for consensus, track and close actions. Specifically, consensus in terms of risk recognition and deliverable priority.
· Manage resources and provide input in terms of impact to development.
· Hold periodic market and competitor learning reviews to make sure the elements relevant to product features are captured.
· Assist in all aspects of product development and key user engagements, including demonstrator, alpha, beta, and thru first shipment. Emphasis on driving the user learning back to product development.
· Be the product advocate in front of cross function teams and management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Strong interest in Blockchain technology and deep comprehension of the target user group
· B.S. degree in engineering or Electrical Engineering
· 3+ years’ experience working on development programs or production lines in both leadership and hands-on roles; experience on commercial development programs a plus
· Project management skills consistent with leading a team including suppliers through the complex Production phase
· Possess and exhibit high judgement
· Experience with planning, scheduling tools, MRP, ERP
· Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team
· Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
· Fluent in English and Korean